How can you get involved?
The completion of simple yet necessary weekly tasks allows for other ministry areas running in an efficient, organized, smooth manner. By having an administrative ministry team, extra time is freed up for the pastors to be able to focus on leading, shepherding, counseling, and teaching the members of TCC.
- Servant's heart/willing attitude
- Consistency in commitment
- Basic computer and copier skills
- Organizational skills
- Troubleshooting skills (for computer and copier)
- Clear communicator
Four people to be trained to come into the office on a weekly (or even monthly, if necessary) rotation.
Examples of current tasks that need to be done on a weekly basis: ordering supplies, printing needs, making copies, listening to voicemails/giving phone message, (at times) returning voicemails, printing weekly bulletins
Big Events ministry
Big events are used to react our surrounding communities with a reason to connect with our church and for our members to enjoy deeper fellowship with one another.
- Organizational Skills
- Desire for Church Growth (including a diverse growth)
- Ability to start conversations from scratch
- Responsible/follow-through mentality
Needs depend on the event as do the specifics of what is needed, often it is able and willing bodies who have a servant's heart and enjoy engaging with others, particularly newcomer.
The children's ministry exists to teach God's word to the youngest ones in our church so they might have a firm foundation of truth and understand their need for a Savior. The desire of the ministry is to teach in age appropriate ways for each stage of development.
- Love for children
- Must be 16 years or older
- Complete background check
- Complete training course
- Serve one week every five weeks or serve weekly during one service hour
There is always an ongoing need for more people to help fill slots in children's ministry. Below are some of the specific areas:
- 30 spots in Nursery (infants), both service times- rocking, bouncing, holding, calming, teaching
- 30 spots in Toddlers, both service times- discipline, patience, organization and order, repetition, teaching, music
- 20 spots in Preschool, both service times- discipline, activities and projects, music, teaching
- 4 - 6 spots Gradeschoolers, second service (10:45 – 12:00) – teaching, discipline, mentoring
- 10 spots in Hall Monitors, one Sunday every five weeks for both services – organized, calm, problem-solving, rule enforcer, welcoming
- 8-10 spots Monday or Tuesday Good News Club, (1:45 – 4:00) – evangelism/counseling, missions, discipline, teaching, paperwork and administration, one afternoon every week commitment
City Missions ministry
The city missions ministry exists to aid TCC members in serving the community around our facility, as well as providing connections to like-minded ministries throughout the city which focus on providing tangible care to those in need.
- Relationship Building
4-6 people with a desire to help the TCC pastors create a systematic plan that can be integrated throughout our ministry areas. The early stages of this work will consist of identifying critical needs, areas in which our members already serve, and a plan for fostering greater connectivity to this mission outposts in the days ahead.
We exist to make and multiply disciples of students from campuses across Greenville to the glory of God. We want to come alongside and support these students as we see them grow in their love for Christ and the church.
- Pursuer/initiator (to seek out college students)
- Desire to disciple
- Ability to teach
- Ability to facilitate discussion around biblical topics
- Commitment to invest
- Three couples over the age of 40 (for Sunday mornings)
- Three men and three women under the age of 40 (for Sunday mornings)
- Four men and four women for Wednesday night small group
- Adopt a College Student Coordinator
The facilities ministry exists in order that the body of TCC may have a central place to gather to worship and a common location for focused outreach in the Greenville area. The desire is to be good stewards of the gifts that the Lord has given us and to manage and well care for the building and property of TCC.
- Handy with tools (hand and power)
- Flexible schedule
- Willing to learn
- Able and willing bodies who exhibit the gifts listed above, both for general needs and more specific jobs as they arise
The finance team exists in order to seek that TCC continues to be good stewards of the financial support the Lord provides.
- People who enjoy numbers
- People who desire to help guide the financial resources of the church
- People who have a good sense of costs
- Four people to be a part of the finance team
GRAPHIC DESIGN ministry
Graphic design is used to enhance the spoken word and to communicate something that would otherwise be lost in the noise.
- Ability to creatively interpret graphic requests
- Thick skin for criticism
- Willingness to take direction
- Comfortable with Adobe or similar software
- Three photographers
- Six graphic designers
- Five illustrators
HOME HOSPITALITY ministry
The hospitality ministry exists in order to intentionally invite and host visiting families, couples, and singles into the homes of TCC members for a meal and meaningful conversation as a means displaying sincere interest in those visitors. By doing such, opportunity is created for visitors to get to know the people of TCC beyond casual conversations that may occur on a Sunday morning and for them to learn more about TCC as a whole through a more relational avenue.
- Love and passion for meeting new people
- A welcoming home environment
- Spontaneous and flexible
Ideally, there would be one host family and one wingman family, so to speak, per each visiting family
International Missions Ministry
God has called his church to make disciples of all nations. Therefore, this ministry exists to cast a vision for God's glory among the nations, to support existing missionaries sent out from TCC, and to raise up future missionaries.
- Heart for missions
- Hospitality and encouragement
- Five family units
- One couple/family each to "adopt" (take ownership of the support and communication with) each missionary/missionary family sent out from TCC
- One International Missions Coordinator to coordinate communication from those family units, compile stories, needs, etc. and communicate such on a larger scale to small groups and the whole church
- One to two teams per year to go and spend time with our missionaries in the field for support and encouragement
Men's ministry exists to equip men to be disciples and to disciple others for the glory of God. God has uniquely called men to reject passivity, accept responsibility, to lead, to protect, and to provide for those around us. We want to grow in this call through community, teaching, and serving.
- Any gift can be used!
Five men to serve on the men’s ministry leadership team
Music exists to lead our people in an outward expression of our faith, joy, and trust in God through song.
- Vocalists: ability to sing melody/harmony
- Instrumentalists: ability to play from chord chart
- One who cultivates a lifestyle of worship
- 20-25 people to serve on a rotation
- Percussion players (greatest need)
- Strong leaders (greatest need)
- Acoustic guitar
Prayer exists to support all of the ministries at TCC through a foundation of intercession and daily dependence on God as we recognize that it is only through Christ and his work that we see our needs met and our ministry prosper.
- Discover and follow-up on prayer needs
- Desire to grow in prayerfulness
- At least one person who could help put together the weekly prayer guide.
- Three people to lead different prayer groups at various times throughout the week.
- As many participants as would like to join a weekly prayer group.
TCC's student ministry exists to provide middle and high school students with a Christian community where they can learn about God and His Word while being discipled by leaders and serving as a meaning part of the local church. Serving in the student ministry is essential both for the lives of the students in growing them to know Christ and in the life of the local church, in hopes that the students will be future leaders of the body.
- Relational discipleship: ability to teach/explain the gospel, invest, and develop relationships
- Commitment and consistency
- Clear communication
- Men & women available on Sunday mornings at 9 AM to lead our Middle School Boys, Middle School Girls, High School Boys, and High School Girls classes
- Men & women available on Sunday evenings at 5:30 PM to get involved in our weekly student Small Groupcalled Gravity
Technology, if used intentionally, provides a firm foundation for other ministries. For example, various programs and technology systems aid in minimizing distractions, assist in leading worship, help in delegating tasks so that members may serve well, and provide critical resources online.
- Prior knowledge/use of OSX (Mac)
- Timeliness and consistency
- Willingness to learn through mistakes
- Eight people to serve on computer rotation
- Four people to serve on audio rotation
- Four people to serve on camera rotation
Website & Social Media ministry
Our online presence has become the primary means through which people hear about the church, and is the tool we leverage to communicate needs, provide feedback, and connect members to all other ministries.
- 2-5 years website experience
- Someone who can differentiate whether to use SVG or Fout icons
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Skill in writing and editing
- Comfortable with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, & Reddit
- Weekly availability
- Grammatically skilled
- Three people to work on website
- Two additional people to specifically do writing/editing
- Four people to develop social media ministry
Women's ministry exists to equip women to be disciples and to disciple others for the glory of God. God has uniquely equipped women to minister to each other and we facilitate that by encouraging community, teaching, and serving.
- Any gift can be used!
- Five women to serve alongside the leadership team